Tour Machu Picchu Overnight
Tour Machu Picchu overnight, train ride to Machupicchu and sleep in the lost city of the Incas with the best guided in machu picchu.
If you are short on time this is a great option if you want to explore the Andes, by taking this package, you won’t be rushed and will have plenty of time to visit the hot springs at Aguas Calientes, Mandor Falls, or spend more time at Huayna Picchu, if you opt to go there (it is a separate entrance fee). Or you may want to simply have a relaxing time in the new Seventh Wonder of the World, the Lost City of the Incas
OVERVIEW – Tour Machu Picchu overnight
Day 1 – Trip to Machu Picchu
- Pick up at 6:50am from Hotel
- 30 minute transfer to Poroy in private transportation
- 3 hour train journey to Aguas Calientes town (amazing views!)
- 3 star hotel with private rooms, private bathrooms, hot shower, wifi, and storage to leave your lugagge while you visit Machu Picchu
- Free Afternoon (you can visit the hot springs for 10 Peruvian soles or you can walk to the small Inka museum on your own)
- Machu Picchu briefing with your guide at 7 pm at hotel reception
Day 2 – Machu Picchu visit & return to Cusco
- Early wake up
- Breakfast at hotel
- Bus drive up to Machu Picchu (if you wake up early you will take one of the first buses up to Machu Picchu )
- Enjoy the sunrise (weather permitting)
- Two-hour Private Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Bus return to Aguas Calientes and afternoon Expedition Train at 4:45pm to Poroy and transfer by our private van to your hotel in Cusco (arrival time to Cusco around 8:45pm)
- Meals not included, end tour machu picchu overnight
ITINERARY – Tour Machu Picchu overnight.
DAY 1: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will pick you up at 6:50am from your hotel to take you to the train station of Ollantaytambo which is 2 hours from Cusco (depending on weather conditions and availability). The train ride is breathtaking with very comfortable seats. During the trip, you will see many glaciers and snow-capped peaks, lush, green valleys and Incan farming terraces on both sites of the valley. You can also see the many Inca ruins along the way and Km 82, where the Classic 4-day Inca Trail begins. After a while, you will enter the subtropical areas with bromiliads and ferns growing and then arrive in Aguas Calientes (2000m/6000ft above sea level), the town for Machu Picchu .
Our representative will meet you just outside the train station (and before the market) and take you to your hotel. You will have the afternoon free so you can organize some optional activities if you’d like, such as a visit to the hot springs, Mandor Gardens and waterfalls or visit the small Machu Picchu museum which has interesting photos of the condition of Machu Picchu when it was first discovered by Hiram Bingham in 1911, mummies, bracelets, stone working and metallurgy tools, weaving tools and pottery which were found on site. Lunch and dinner will be in town at a restaurant.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
After an early breakfast at your hotel you will take the bus (which takes 25 minutes) up the switchback road to the ruins . Buses start at 5:30am and run as a shuttle, as soon as they get full, the go). If you don’t care to take the bus and prefer to hike along the Inca trail just let your guide know so that he can show you the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu which will take about 1 hour 30 minutes.
Once in Machu Picchu park, you will have a 2 hour private guided tour. Then you’ll have extra time to explore the ruins on your own. If you have booked a permit to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, that will be your next adventure. The Sun Gate is a 1 hour climb (and is free and available to all) which is great to get those postcard pictures of the ruins from way above.
Usual train departure time is in the afternoon to Ollantaytambo, and then by bus to your hotel in Cusco. end of the tour machu picchu overnight
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE TOUR MACHU PICCHU WITH OVERNIGHT ?
- Pick up from your hotel
- Bus transportation to the train station
- Train to Aguas Calientes
- You will be met at Aguas Calientes train station and escorted to your hotel (on foot)
- Free afternoon to visit to the hot springs or walk to Mandor Gardens and Waterfall
- Hotel room for Double Accommodation (single room requires a supplement)
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- English-speaking tour guide for your 2-hour tour of Machu Picchu ruins
- Free time to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountains (optional and requires advance booking)
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu back down to Aguas Calientes
- Return train ticket to Ollantaytambo, then by bus to Cusco and your hotel
- Meals which can be organized at the restaurant
- Entrance fee to the hot springs.
- Permits to climb Huayna Picchu ($25 per person)/Machu Picchu Mountain ($15 per person)
- Small day pack
- Original Passport and ISIC Student Card (if applicable)
- Good camera
- Sun hat
- Mosquito repellent
- Extra money for snacks
- We recommend you take a packed lunch or good snacks with you up to Machu Picchu
- If you are visiting in the rainy season take rain gear
- Machu Picchu area is humid and hot in the afternoons (when it is not raining)
- Take enough drinking water and an electrolyte since inside Machu Picchu prices are very expensive
- You are allowed to take a water bottle and snacks into Machu Picchu ruins
- Day pack should be just small, they do not allowed big packs in Machu Picchu
MINIMUM PEOPLE REQUIRED 2 :
Tour Machu Picchu Overnight
$385 per person
Student discount with ISIC Student Card: $20
Student discount for Machu Picchu Mountain Permit: $5
IMPORTANT NOTES – Tour Machu Picchu Overnight
STUDENTS: If you booked your tour with your International Student Identity Card (ISIC) you must have this card and it must be valid for you to enter Machu Picchu. If you purchased a permit with the student discount and you do not bring your ISIC card or it is not valid at the time of your entrance, they will not allow you in This is National Park rules.
HUAYNA PICCHU: Only 400 people are allowed to climb this mountain per day. It needs to be booked in advanced and the price is $25 per person. It is about a 90 minute round-trip climb. It is recommended that you climb Huayna Picchu in the 10-11am time slot as otherwise you miss your guided tour. We recommend booking about 2 months in advance to secure your permit as it is very popular and they do sell out well in advance. You may also opt to climb Machu Picchu Mountain which is more difficult than Huayna Picchu and is 3-3½ hours round trip. The cost is $15 and also requires a permit in advance. Just let us know if you want to book this option
EXTRA NIGHT: If you want to stay longer at Machu Picchu then you can book an extra night at Aguas Calientes village. Just let us know that you plan to stay an extra night and we will organize your return train for the next day. You can either organize your accommodation by yourself or we can assist with making bookings. If you were thinking of going back to Machu Picchu the next day, then you will need to purchase a new entrance ticket to get into Machu Picchu as well as the round-trip bus tickets to Aguas Calientes for around $75.