Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu 2D/1N
Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu. This amazing tour is a combination of the famous Sacred Valley Tour and the Classic tour to Machupicchu. you will able to enjoy the beauty of the Andes, high mountains, the farming terraces, llamas and alpacas en route for classic pictures and more.
The Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu tour is the best option to visit this area by train. This tour visits the beautiful Sacred Valley beginning in Pisaq and ending in Ollantaytambo. and the second day finally you will visit Machu Picchu with one expert guide of the region in order to understand more about the Inca Empire.
- Pisaq Ruins
- Pisaq Market
- Ollantaytambo Fortress
- Train to Aguas Calientes or Machu Picchu town.
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes: The President.
- Early wake up & breakfast at hotel
- Bus drive up to Machu Picchu (if you wake up early you will take one of the first buses up to Machu Picchu )
- Enjoy the sunrise (weather permitting)
- Two-hour Private Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- Bus return to Aguas Calientes and afternoon Expedition Train at 4:45pm to Poroy and transfer by our private van to your hotel in Cusco (arrival time to Cusco around 8:45pm)
- Meals not included
ITINERARY – Sacred valley and machupicchu
Day 1 – CUSCO – PISAQ – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES:
We will leave Cusco around 8.00 or 8.30am and drive to Pisac to see our first Inca ruins of the tour. At Pisac you can see magnificent Inca remains, the ancient architecture and engineering of the Inca temples is breathtaking and will sweep you off your feet. You will see amazing things made by the Inkas in Pisaq, then you will visit the most colorful and traditional local market in Cusco and where you can buy traditional textiles, jewelery in silver and more thing at low prices.
Our next destination is Urubamba where we´ll enjoy our lunch (not included) at one of the local restaurants. From Urubamba it´s just 30 minutes to get to Ollantaytambo (Inca town). This ruin is another impressive example of Inca craftmanship. After your tour will go to have our dinner before to catch our train to Aguas Calientes. The train has very comfortable seats. When you arrive in Aguas Calientes, the town of Machu Picchu, our Nig Adventures representative will meet you just outside the train station and take you to your hotel.
Day 2 – AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO:
After an early breakfast at your hotel you will take the bus up to the ruins . Buses start at 5:30am and run as a shuttle, as soon as they get full, they go). If you don’t want to take the bus and prefer to hike along the Inca trail just let your guide know wich will take about 1 hour 30 minutes.
At Machu Picchu, you will have a 2 hour private guided tour. Then you’ll have extra time to explore the ruins on your own. If you have booked Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, that will be your next adventure. The Sun Gate is a one hour climb and is free and available to all.
Usual train departure time is in the afternoon to Ollantaytambo, and then by bus to your hotel in Cusco.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR TOUR – Sacred valley and machu picchu ?
- Pick up from Hotel
- Private and comfortable van for Sacred Valley tour
- Tour guide for the Sacred Valley of the Incas & Machu Picchu
- Tourist ticket for Sacred Valley
- Tourist class Expedition Train to Aguas Calientes
- Hotel accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Breakfast at the hotel on Day 2
- Bus transport to Machu Picchu
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu
- Guided tour for 2 hours in Machu Picchu
- Plenty of free time in Machu Picchu
- Optional Huayna Picchu climb (book in advance)
- Return bus to Aguas Calientes
- Tourist class train to Ollantaytambo
- Bus transportation to Cusco and to your hotel
- Tickes for Huaynapicchu ($25 per person)/Machu Picchu Mountain ($15 per person)
CHECKLIST – Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
- Original Passport
- Small daypack or small suitcase (do not bring large suitcases due to train luggage weight limitations)
- Comfortable clothes and appropriate footwear (hiking boots or sneakers are recommended)
- Extra money to purchase souvenirs, such as handcrafts from the local market
- Camera with extra batteries
- Insect repellent
- Water to drink
- Scarf or a hat to protect your head from the strong sun
- A warm jacket for the evening
- Personal medications
PRICE – Tour Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
Minimum of 2 people
Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu tour with Presidente Hotel
$ 475 per person (based on 2 in a room)
- Student discount (with valid ISIC card) – $15
- Under 12 Discount – $15
IMPORTANT NOTES – Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
STUDENTS: If you booked your tour with your International Student Identity Card (ISIC) you must have this card and it must be valid for you to enter Machu Picchu. If you purchased a permit with the student discount and you do not bring your ISIC card or it is not valid at the time of your entrance, they will not allow you in This is National Park rules.
HUAYNA PICCHU: Only 400 people are allowed to climb this mountain per day. It needs to be booked in advanced and the price is $25 per person. It is about a 90 minute round-trip climb. It is recommended that you climb Huayna Picchu in the 10-11am time slot as otherwise you miss your guided tour. We recommend booking about 2 months in advance to secure your permit as it is very popular and they do sell out well in advance. You may also opt to climb Machu Picchu Mountain which is more difficult than Huayna Picchu and is 3-3½ hours round trip. The cost is $15 and also requires a permit in advance. Just let us know if you want to book this option
EXTRA NIGHT: If you want to stay longer at Machu Picchu then you can book an extra night at Aguas Calientes village. Just let us know that you plan to stay an extra night and we will organize your return train for the next day. You can either organize your accommodation by yourself or we can assist with making bookings. If you were thinking of going back to Machu Picchu the next day, then you will need to purchase a new entrance ticket to get into Machu Picchu as well as the round-trip bus tickets to Aguas Calientes for around $75.
RETURN TRAIN TO CUSCO: The return train is the Expedition train which departs either at 2:55, 4:20, 4:42 or 6:40 PM. The train that is booked depends on availability and is confirmed at your briefing. There is an option to upgrade your train to the Vistadome train which is an extra $100 per person round-trip. Please tell us of your preference at the time of booking. None of the trains go straight to Cusco, they only run either to Ollantaytambo or Poroy but in either case we will transfer you back by bus to your hotel (2 hours from Ollantaytambo and 25 minutes from Poroy).