Maras Moray and Machupicchu
Maras Moray and Machu Picchu, discover the incredible salt mine, the Inca agricultural laboratory and the lost city of the Incas in two days.
The most important place to visit on your trip to Peru or South America is Machu Picchu which was discovered in 1911 after lying abandoned for centuries. The track slowly climbs out of Cusco passing through small communities on the high plains.
Day 1: Cusco – Moray – Maras (Salt Mines) – Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes.
- Pick up at 7 am from Hotel and private transportation.
- Visiting the Inca agricultural laboratory, Moray.
- Visiting the unique Salt mines, Maras
- Walking tour in Ollantaytambo
- Train ride to Aguas Calientes with amazing views.
- Hotel at Aguas Calientes
Day 2: Machu Picchu visit & return to Cusco
- Early wake up
- Buffet breakfast at hotel
- Bus drive to machu Picchu ( if you wake up early you will take one of the first buses up to Machu picchu )
- Enjoy the sunrise ( depends on weather )
- Guided tour of Machu picchu
- Hike up to the Huayna Pichcu Mountain or the Sun Gate
- Bus return to Aguas Calientes and Afternoon expedition
- End of the tour Maras Moray and Machu Picchu.
ITINERARY – Maras Moray and Machu Picchu
Day 1: Cusco/Sacred Valley train station – Aguas Calientes
We pick you up from your hotel in Cusco or the Sacred Valley, and then we drive in our private buss to the stunning Incas site of Mora also known as “The Greenhouses of the Incas” which is unique and fascinating. Different levels of terraces are carved into a huge bowl, part of which was further excavated by the Incas. The terraces have varied microclimates depending on how deep into the bowl they are, and so they were thought to have been used by the Incas to discover the optimal conditions for their crops. After time to enjoy and explore this beautiful Inca sight, we continue driving towards the colonial town of Maras and to the Pre-Inca Salt Mines (Salineras). Thousands of salt pans have been used for salt extraction since before Inca times. A hot spring at the top of the valley discharges a small stream of heavily salt laden water, which is diverted into salt pans and evaporated to produce a salt that is used for cattle licks. Afterwards we continue our journey to Ollantaytambo to take your train on the way to Aguas Calientes, where you spend the night in a hostel.
Upon arrival in Aguas Calientes a Representative from the hotel will meet you and transfer to the hotel.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco/Sacred Valley
As early as 5:30am you can take the bus up to Machu Picchu for Sunrise! You can decide the departure time with our guide.
Your Private Guide will take you on a fascinating guided tour in the ruins, lasting approximately 2 hours, then you have plenty of free time for further exploring, taking photos and the option to climb Huayna Picchu or up to the Sun Gate. Then back to Aguas Calientes town for a lunch and at approximately 14:55 or 16:00 you will take our return train to Ollantaytambo with a bus connection to Cusco city arriving back at your hotel / hostel. end of the tour Maras Moray and Machu Picchu.
What is included in your tour Maras Moray and Machu Picchu 2 days?
- Tour to Moray and the Salt mines.
- Pick up from your hotel.
- Bus transportation to the train station.
- Train ride to Aguas Calientes.
- Pick up from Aguas Calientes train station and take you to the hotel
- Free afternoon to visit to the hot spring or walk to the flower garden.
- Accommodation in the hotel
- Breakfast in the hotel.
- Bus ticket from Aguas calientes to Machupicchu.
- Entrance fee to MachuPicchu & Huayna Picchu
- English speaking tour guide for the tour.
- Return train ticket to Ollantaytambo then by bus to Cusco and to your hotel.
- Meals which can be organized at the restaurant.
- Entrance fee to the hot springs.
- Entrance ticket to Moray and the Sold mines.
- Appreciations (tips)
Maras Moray and Machu Picchu 2 days
US$377 per person
- “Any day that is best for you as long as we have a minimum of 2 trekkers”
- Student Discount: US$20 (Requires “ISIC” Card to qualify)
- Under 18’s Discount: US$20
WELCOME TO CUSCO: You will be met on arrival at Cuzco airport, please ensure that you advise your full flight arrival details at least 14 days prior to trip start. Look out for our representative holding an orange board with your name at the arrival terminal.
DEPARTURE: Any day that is best for you as long as we have a minimum of 2 trekkers
GROUP SIZE: Small Groups from 2 – 8 people (could be 2, 4, 5 as maximum 8 people), a small group will make your experience different with a personalized attention depart of the whole team, where you can also enjoy the route according to its rate hike.
NOTE: Big group can be organized by request.
HUAYNAPICCHU MOUNTAIN: Please, if you are thinking of climbing Huayna Picchu mountain you must book this at the same time as your trek or tour to Machu Picchu. Only 400 people can hike Huayna Picchu per day. You will climb it on your own after the tour in Machu Picchu around 10 .00 am. The price is $23 per person.
OUR GUIDES: They each speak English fluently and of course all of them speak Spanish and Quechua (the Inca Language). They are all able to communicate with natives from around the area and of course they will have lots of history to share with you.
TIPPING: If you’re happy with the services provided a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it’s of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Nig Adventures destinations.
Of course you are free to tip more or less as you see fit, depending on your perception of service quality and the length of your trip. Remember, a tip is not compulsory and should only be given when you receive excellent service.
WEATHER: The wet season in this region is from December to March when heavy rains can cause disruptions to ground transport. Intrepid will monitor any situations that arise, and may need to change itineraries or activities in response to natural weather occurrences.
TRANSPORT: Train, Minibus