Ausangate Trekking 5 Dias
Ausangate trekking offers to climb the highest peak in the Cusco Region. On the way we will see a number of communities where we will be able to observe the local way of life. We will also pass lots of amazing lakes on our way to the impressive Puca ccocha Lagoon. Please note: This trek does not go to Machu Picchu
ITINERARY – Ausangate Trekking
Day 1: Cusco – Ocongate – Tinqui – Upis
The first day of ausangate trekking begins leaving Cusco by private bus to the village of Urcos. Driving past the village of Puerto Maldonado until you reach Tinqui Ocongate. We will start our expedition out of the village of Quinsapucyu and will end at Upis Huarmisaya, hiking with sensational views including the spectacular Mount Ausangate. Remain overnight.
Day 2: Upis – Pucacocha
After breakfast we head over to Arapa, which is uphill to 4958 m, then a slight decline to our second camp near Lake Pucacocha. Along the way we will observe different glacier peaks, bubbling streams, rivers, small lakes, alpacas and llamas, of course your will always be with your guide who will be describing the area to you. We will remain overnight at Lake Pucacocha.
Day 3: Pucacocha – Quinsacocha – Jampa
After our breakfast we will visit a group of lagoons in the Quinsacocha sector. We will then climb up to the highest pass of our trip at 5300m called Palomani Pass. You will feel like you are in heaven, higher than all the other mountains. You can observe the great canyons and valleys of the Andes, but watch out because some Condors might be flying nearby. You will be right at the bottom of the Ausangate mountain which is considered to be the gods by the locals. We will then go down hill and arrive to our campsite called CAMPA..
Day 4: Jampa – Qomercocha – Pacchanta
After an early breakfast, just right after hundreds of alpacas start climbing the hill, we will start going uphill for about 3 hours in order to get to the last pass at 4900m. From here we can observe some more glacier peaks and lakes and then we will descent to our lunch spot. After a short siesta, we will walk 3 hours down hill with great views of many natural lakes and mountain birds. We will arrive to our last campsite located in a little village call PACCHANTA. There is a beautiful natural hot springshere, so after 4 days of hiking you will get to take a bath in the hot springs and maybe enjoy some beer.
Day 5.- PACCHANTA – TINKI – CUSCO
Last day of ausangate trekking, this is our last morning so we have to pack to come back to Cusco. After breakfast we will walk gradually downhill for about 3 hours to get to the end of our hike where our cook and porters are going to make our last lunch. After we say goodbye to them, we will drive back for 3 hours back to Cusco and bring you back to your hotel.
Fin del Ausangate Trekking
What’s included in your Ausangate Trekking
- Briefing two days before your departure.
- Pick up from your hotel on your departure.
- Private transportation with a nice views to Tinki ( trail head )
- The first breakfast on the way, at the beginning of the trek.
- English speaking tour guide.
- One professional chef who will prepare delicious food.
- The chefs assistance and some porters.
- Horse men and their assistants.
- Horses to carry all hiking gear such as, tents, food, gas, your bags etc.
- One emergency horse in case you get tired or you want to try to ride.
- Very comfortable tents
- Inflatable sleeping pads
- Three main course meals per day (very nutritional) including a tea time.
- Kitchen tent, dining tent, table, chairs and a gas lamp to enjoy the evenings.
- Boiled water is provided in the morning, at lunch time, tea time, and dinner time, there is even hot water to keep your bed warm.
- Extra warm water for washing proposes every meal time.
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle.
- Visit to traditional houses in one community.
- Vegetarian/special diet options available
- 10 kl (20 pounds) of your stuff included in the price for that we provided to you a duffle bag the night before of your departure.
- Some help for the local people and the kids.
- Local transportation to sicuani and back to Cusco.
- Taxes included
- Rain Ponchos
- Sleeping bag (rentals available from Nig Adventures)
- Walking stick (rentals available from Nig Adventures)
- Entrance to the hot spring 5 Soles.
- Extra drinks like beer
- Tips for your guide, chef, horse men and the porters are optional.
- Good day back pack.
- Copy of your passport.
- Good hiking gear like hiking boots, warm jackets, gloves, hat warm fleece and socks.
- Sleeping bag
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Hat and gloves
- WARM CLOTHES: LAYERS for variable temperatures specially at night.
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream
- Insect Repellent
- Re-usable plastic or metal water container or camel bags.
- Water (only for first 4 hours of trek, then we will provide you with drinking -previously boiled- water).
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Torch with spare batteries
- Walking stick.
- BATHING CLOTHES for the hot springs.
- EXTRA MONEY FOR SOUVENIRS, DRINKS & TIPS.
$650 per person
- Student Discount (with valid ISIC card) – $25
- Under 12 Discount – $25
- Sleeping Bag (4 season) – $25 (Maximum size 1.95m / 6´4″)
- Pair of Walking poles – $20
- Small pillows provided for everyone.